Dean–International Institute of Health Sciences
MD (Japan), MPH (USA), ACOG
Former Associate Prof.- Stanford University - USA
Areas of Expertise and Research Interests
Dr. de Silva holds a MD degree by National Osaka University and the unrestricted Japanese Medical License by the Ministry of Health. He has undergone a Combined Surgery and Anesthesia training at the University of Osaka Medical School Hospital, Japan. Dr. de Silva has followed a University of Hawaii Surgery/ Obstetrics Gynecology training program at Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii. He entered the Master’s in Public Health (MPH) Program at the University Of Hawaii School Of Public Health under a federal grant. He completed the OB-GYN residency program and passed the Federal Licensing Examination (FLEX) and obtained an unrestricted medical license in the State of Hawaii. He has completed the MPH degree with emphasis on Maternal and Child Health.
Dr. de Silva has worked as an Associate Clinical Professor of OB-GYN at the University of Hawaii and also as a Visiting lecturer, University of Okinawa, Japan.
International Professional Experience
· Head of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Hospital Network Hayward, California.
· Chief Primatologist for ARAMCO (Arabian American Oil Company) Hospitals in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Professional Memberships and Awards
- Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. (Diplomat)
- Fellow Member of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Fellowship at Stanford University in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Founding Board Member/Director of American College of Health Sciences in Sri Lanka.